Welcome to Department of National University Students' Skill Development
About NUSSD Project
National University Students' Skill Development (NUSSD) Programme is a unique initiative on skill development designed and undertaken by Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS) in collaboration with Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports to enable graduating youths from underprivileged background to acquire employment-oriented skills while pursuing their graduation from the regional colleges. It is a pan-India programme which was initiated in August 2013 on pilot basis and implemented in 34 colleges of 11 universities from 9 Indian states. Initially, the programme was started with increasing the employability of National Service Scheme (NSS) students. Afterwards it was realized that NUSSD has enormous potential to strengthen knowledge, skills and capabilities of all students through its cutting-edge pedagogy, learning materials and community work component that brings about sustainable social change in key social and economic development areas. TISS decided to make it open for all graduating students from these colleges. NUSSD programme involves college students’ engagement over three years in a multi-stakeholder collaborative model involving universities, colleges, corporate sector, industry and NGOs. Recently, the United Nations (UN) Steering Committee on Children and Youth has recognized NUSSD programme among the 'best skill development practices' in the country. Various state governments have also expressed their interest to implement the programme in their respective states. Taking cognizance of importance of NUSSD courses including English Communication, Legal Literacy, Digital Literacy, Financial Literacy, Youth Leadership, People Skills, and domain specific diploma, TISS has resolved to expand the programme and take it to more students by empanelling colleges and institutions which are willing to conduct the programme in a collaborative manner.
The objective of NUSSD programme is to increase employability of graduating youths by imparting knowledge, skills and competencies. The programme also aims at fostering inner potential in students, stimulate their critical thinking, inculcate a sense of civic responsibility and increase their skills through cutting-edge teaching learning methods.
Through NUSSD Programme University Students will:
● receive training in employability skills.
● receive course content and curriculum that have been developed by premier institutions like TIFR, BSE, TISS, NLU, Symbiosis, etc.
● participate in Domain specific internships with organizations/institutes.
● receive domain-specific certificates/diplomas by TISS.
Other Key Features of NUSSD:● NUSSD programme is Rs.9000 per year, which is why it is highly cost effective.
● Revised and updated curriculum designed in consultation with premier institutions and industry experts to bring both practical and academic components.
● Unique pedagogy and different classroom environment that promotes participatory and practical learning.
● Students are awarded with foundation and domain-specific Certificates and Diploma certificate by TISS and the domain partner.
● The United Nations (UN) Steering Committee on Children and Youth has recognized NUSSD programme among the 'best skill development practices' in the country.
Salient Features of the Department
- Highly qualified and experienced teaching staff.
- Excellent results every year (90% to 100%)
- Few ex-students with outstanding career.
- Reputed department amongst the colleges of Dr BAMU University
- Active Post- Graduate research wing
- Several academic, co-curricular and extra-curricular activities for the overall development of students.
|1||...||Assistant Professor & Head||M.Sc. Ph. D||Profile|